TOP 5 Science based tools for dealing with Anxiety:
- Journaling: Writing down your thoughts and feelings can help you cope with anxiety by reducing stress and clarifying your emotions¹.
- Exercise: Physical activity can improve your mood and health by releasing endorphins and lowering cortisol levels².
- Cognitive skills: Challenging negative thoughts and appraisals can help you reduce anxiety by changing your perspective and increasing your confidence³.
- Relaxation techniques: Practicing breathing exercises, meditation, yoga, or other calming methods can help you relax your body and mind and reduce anxiety symptoms² ⁴.
- Seeking support: Talking to someone you trust, such as a friend, family member, or professional, can help you cope with anxiety by providing emotional support and guidance² ⁵.
(1) Journaling for Anxiety Relief and Stress. https://www.verywellmind.com/journaling-a-great-tool-for-coping-with-anxiety-3144672.
(2) 11 tips for coping with an anxiety disorder – Mayo Clinic Health System. https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/speaking-of-health/11-tips-for-coping-with-an-anxiety-disorder.
(3) 20 Best Anxiety Tools for Helping Your Clients Cope. https://positivepsychology.com/anxiety-tools/.
(4) 50 Strategies to Beat Anxiety | Psychology Today. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/in-practice/201503/50-strategies-beat-anxiety.
(5) 5 Tools to Cope With Anxiety When Therapy Isn’t an Option – The Cut. https://www.thecut.com/2021/12/tools-to-cope-with-anxiety.html.