Earth Day Activities for Kids
10 activities to do with kids to celebrate Earth Week:
- Connect with nature – such as a walk in the park
- Organize an Earth Day scavenger hunt – draw a list of flowers they see, spotting birds, collecting litter and recycling (with the proper equipment of course!)
- Hang birdseed ornaments – check for recipes and how-to’s online
- Build an insect hotel – with tree bark, pinecones and anything else they can find
- Grow a love for plants with seed jars – create a mini garden inside
- Build a cardboard tube bird feeder – check for recipes and how-to’s online
- Learn about recycling and composting
- Make a bee and butterfly garden
- Make an Earth Day handprint keepsake – using salt dough
- Eat Earth Day tasty treats – because who doesn’t love a dirt and worm cup?!
Try one of these activities with your kids to celebrate the Earth!