10 ways a parent can help their autistic child
- Get your child out in the community
- Join a parent group and/or your school district’s special education PTA
- If you can afford it, hire an advocate to check out your child’s school program
- If possible, volunteer at school functions or offer to be a class mom
- No matter how difficult your child can be, take any offer of babysitting you can and get out.
- Now that your child’s program is set, tackle the big issues one at a time- perhaps it’s sleeping, or eating, or potty training
- Educate your friends and family as to what’s going on in your household
- Make those doctor appointments for yourself that you’ve been putting off
- Get involved in an autism walk in your community
- Take care of yourself, not just your kid.
For more information check out this article: https://www.autismspeaks.org/blog/ways-parents-help-autistic-child
Contact Safe and Sound Therapeutics to learn more about how to help your autistic child